E-ZPASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Upon acceptance into the program, the Ohio Turnpike will charge the Customer's
designated VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card a prepaid
beginning balance of $25.00 for each transponder requested. This amount will be
credited to the Customers new E-ZPass account and will be available to pay tolls
and other fees and charges. The Customer may request a higher initial balance,
as indicated on the application.
2. When the Customer's account balance drops below a cumulative balance of
$10.00 per transponder, the account will be replenished with a charge to the
Customer's designated credit card the amount of: a) the average monthly tolls
incurred over the past 90 days; or b) the amount needed to return the account
balance to $25.00 per transponder, whichever is greater.
3. E-ZPass prepaid accounts will be suspended if: a) account balance falls below
$0; b) credit cards are declined; or c) any other Terms and Conditions are
4. The Ohio Turnpike accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
credit cards. Customers must provide a primary and optional secondary credit
card in order to avoid additional fees if the primary card fails.
5. A Customer's E-ZPass account must maintain a positive balance at all times. A
$25.00 fee may be assessed if the Customer's VISA, MasterCard, Discover or
American Express card is declined when the Ohio Turnpike attempts to replenish the
account. In this case, the Customer's E-ZPass transponder(s) will be immediately
suspended until new data is furnished to the Ohio Turnpike. The Ohio Turnpike shall
have the option to cancel and close the account at any time.
6. Prepaid accounts will be assessed a $3.00 shipping and handling fee for each
transponder ordered from the Ohio Turnpike's Customer Service Center. All Customers
will be assessed a $0.75 per month usage fee for each transponder.
7. The Customer will continue to be responsible for all tolls incurred through
the end of the day of notification to the Ohio Turnpike that a transponder has been
lost or stolen. Transponders reported lost or stolen will no longer be assessed
a $0.75 per month transponder usage fee. If lost, stolen or damaged within the
first four years, the Customer will be assessed a $25.00 replacement fee plus
$3.00 shipping and handling. Customers are required to report lost or stolen
transponders immediately on the web at www.ezpassoh.com or by phone at
8. Accounts can be cancelled on the web at www.ezpassoh.com or by phone at
9. Inactive accounts will continue to be charged the monthly fee of $0.75 per
10. Account statements showing detailed transactions will be available upon
account replenishment. Customers with a valid e-mail address on file will be
notified electronically when their statement is ready. E-ZPass Customers can
access their statements on line at www.ezpassoh.com free of charge. Customers
requesting paper statements will be assessed a $1.00 fee per each five
transponders up to a maximum fee of $10.00 per statement.
11. Cash payment upon exit will be required if the Customer's transponder is
suspended at the time of the toll transaction.
12. E-ZPass transponder usage is limited to one toll transaction per trip (one
entry, one exit). Under no circumstance will a toll collector hold a transponder
so that another vehicle can use the same transponder.
13. Should the balance in the Customer's E-ZPass account drops below zero and
the Customer's credit card is declined upon replenishment, the Customer agrees
to pay all costs, including attorney's fees, incurred by the Ohio Turnpike to
collect any monies due the Ohio Turnpike.
14. The Customer may cancel or update their E-ZPass account information at any
time on line at www.ezpassoh.com, or by mail or phone call to the Customer
Service Center. In the event the Customer's E-ZPass account is terminated, the
Customer must return all transponders. Upon termination, the Ohio Turnpike will
refund any positive balance in the account by crediting the Customer's VISA,
MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. A check payable to the
Customer may be issued at the sole option of the Ohio Turnpike.
15. All transponders on a closed account must be returned in good working
condition within 30 days from the date of account cancellation to avoid a $25.00
charge per transponder. Transponders that fail through no fault of the Customer
and are returned will not be assessed a fee. The standard $0.75 per month usage
fee will be applied to the replacement transponder.
16. All transponders shall remain the property of the Ohio Turnpike.
The Customer agrees to surrender possession of all transponders immediately upon
request by the Ohio Turnpike. A $25.00 fee will be assessed on each unreturned
17. The Ohio Turnpike may modify the E-ZPass Terms and Conditions and Application
at any time with notification to Customers.
18. Ohio E-ZPass Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.